Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Welcome Back to Blogging

I first and foremost would like to thank Casey Anthony for inspiring me to blog again. At this point you're probably wondering what the hell I mean by this and it's simple. My last blog was a place where I could talk about nothing and that was ok. I blogged about everything from shoes to Mad Men to politics. I missed that safe place of expression. After a few missteps and a lot of bad life decisions, I closed the blog. I needed a hiatus and a period to hit the reset button.

If you know me, or if you don't, you know I am a huge law/crime show person. I eat that stuff up like it's cake. (I also love cake) At one point in my life I wanted to be the lawyer. I took the LSAT and did "fairly" well on it. But the idea of law school was daunting and I already have two degrees and am working on my third. I like to learn, but I think at a certain point it becomes a little ridiculous. Right now I am working on a combination BA/MA in French. The reason? I just wanted to master a language and I don't have enough discipline to work on it on my own.

What does Casey Anthony have to do with this? The trial brought me back out of my blog seclusion and I decided that it would be a great idea to follow it and communicate via a trial blog. I did. Then I remembered how much I loved blogging.

It was on my facebook where I was defending the jury's unpopular decision in the Casey Anthony trial(which is another blog entry on why I think it was a competent decision to find her not guilty. Reasonable Doubt. No proof she had murdered anyone. Not Guilty doesn't necessarily mean innocent. Yadda Yadda) that one of my friends told me that he disagreed with me, but saw my reasoning. He then said something great "You're wrong kid, but it's for all the right reasons."

I looked back over the last year and a half. How many mistakes have I made? Both professionally and personally, I counted a lot. So maybe it was time to forgive myself and move on. Every step or misstep I made was all part of my life journey and I can begin again.

So here I am. Re-energized and ready to recount my ridiculous adventures of life. It was a necessary growing period...but I am ready to start all over again.

And as for my Casey Anthony fascination, I don't know what I am going to do now that this trial is over. I need someone else to judge from the comfort of my chaise longue.

No comments:

Post a Comment